Without question, Young Living Essential Oils are the pioneer of the essential oil movement and industry. Founded in 1993 by the late, D. Gary Young, the flagstaff of the essential oil industry remains unmatched. In a world where the FDA standards of essential oils being labeled as “pure” is lacking greatly, Young Living stands out among the sea of subpar essential oil companies.
Current regulations say that a essential oil can be marked “100% pure” as long as it has 5% pure oil in it. The rest of the “oil” can be a carrier oil and it does not have to be disclosed. Many contain additives like hexane, methol, and other chemicals to stretch the oil and make it more affordable. Terrifying, isn’t it?
This leads me to the Seed to Seal Promise.
Young Living been in business for over 23 years of experience with the experience of Gary Young lasting well over 30. In fact, Gary Young developed the famous Thieves blend in 1989. There is no other company thrives on the integrity that Young Living does. The Young Living Seed to Seal promise is something that no other essential oil company as the ability to offer. This Seed to Seal promise consists of them offering the best process from seed all the way until they seal the bottle.
Lets break it down:
- SEED: Every seed that is planted by Young Living are seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Through extensive studies to ensure they are the highest quality providing the best therapeutic grade oils in return.
- CULTIVATION: Young Living is invested in every step of process to soil, growth and harvesting. Throughout this process plants are planted by hand, leaves are picked by hand and equipment use is limited. Pesticides have never touched the soil or the plants that grow the resources for the essential oils. Young Living owns or directly partners with the farms that the oils come from.
- DISTILLATION: Young Living uses proprietary techniques for extracting essential oils. Their methods ensure they are preserving their precious constituents so vital to make the purest oils.
- TESTING: Young Living has unmatched quality standards and all oils go through rigorous Young Living and third-party testing to ensure they are only released 100% pure. If it’s less than 100% Young Living doesn’t release it.
- SEAL: With Young Living’s state-of-the-art equipment they are able to bottle and seal all of the oils efficiently and without jeopardizing quality.
You can learn more on the SeedtoSeal.com website.
A Desire for a Better World
- Young Living offers products that fit every lifestyle so every home around the world can have access to non-toxic products infused with essential oils. With this, you have the opportunity to bring peace of mind and Young Living products into every aspect of your home and family (including your pets!).
- The Young Living Foundation works actively around the world to give a hand up to those in poverty and tragedy. Young Living actively works to give to those in need. To take this even further, 100% of the donations go directly to efforts of the Young Living Foundation. Administrative fees are covered outside of the donations.
FIVE x FIVE
Young Living is a bold, audacious, world-changing company. These characteristics defined our founder, Gary, and also describe each of you, our powerful membership base. As we approach our quarter-century anniversary, it’s time to look ahead and amplify these defining traits to a degree that’s completely unprecedented—in our industry or any other.
In 2018, Young Living announced a groundbreaking program to 700 corporate leaders and staff that will not only redefine our industry leadership, but will also dramatically elevate our positive impact on the earth, on communities, and on millions of individual families.
We’re excited to share our 5-year plan: the Young Living 5×5 Pledge. Beginning in 2019 and over the next five years, Young Living pledges to expand Gary’s vision in these five interconnected ways, all of which will benefit you and your families in powerful ways:
*Five times more people empowered by the D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
From rescuing children from human trafficking and slums to preventing malaria, the Foundation currently changes thousands of lives every year by empowering the underserved. We believe in uplifting people, so in the next five years, we pledge to quintuple the number of lives changed by our Foundation.
*Five years to zero waste
Our members value the fact that when they use a bottle of our essential oil, they are interacting ethically and authentically with nature. From the Standards pillar of Seed to Seal to the Green Globe and LEED specifications we will be following at our new Global Headquarters, we take our stewardship of the planet seriously. We are humbled by our responsibility and visibility as an industry green leader, so in the next five years, we will take our global operations to zero waste status and strive to offset our carbon footprint through our vast network of partner and corporate farms.
*Five or more corporate-owned or partner farms developed each year
Our farms are the heart of our Seed to Seal commitment and forever part of our DNA. They help us create a more stable and controlled supply chain, allow us to stay on the forefront of essential oil research, and empower our members with the knowledge of where their oils come from. We are passionate about collaborating with nature to bring you the purest products on Earth, so each year for the next five years, we will develop five or more of these beautiful corporate-owned and partner farms.
*Five or more new markets opened each year
With every new market Young Living opens, we open doors of wellness and empowerment to both new members in that market and to talented new employees who are passionate about making a positive impact. Because our mission is to allow more people than ever to experience whole-life wellness through becoming a part of the Young Living family, we will open at least five new markets each year over the next five years.
*Five million additional households reached in five years
As we expand our positive impact through philanthropy, green initiatives, new farms, and new markets, our reach will also increase. Gary dedicated his life to bringing essential oils to every home in the world, and because we are committed to dramatically furthering that vision, we pledge to reach 5 million more households within five years.
This bold pledge is just that—bold; but so too was Gary, who was never content to rest on his accomplishments. The core of this pledge is based on the Latin phrase Gradatim Ferociter, or “Step by step, ferociously,” which is the way Gary lived his life, role-modeling for all to follow.